Elementary II Level Coordinator Job Description
The Elementary II Level Coordinator at Authentic Institute of Montessori (AIM) plays a vital role in maintaining the quality and reputation of our institution. This role involves a diverse range of responsibilities, including overseeing student progress, providing support and feedback, coordinating and facilitating residencies, training instructors and mentors, and ensuring effective communication and collaboration within the organization. The Elementary II Level Coordinator reports to the Program Director and works closely with the Executive Director and other team members.
- Maintain Quality and Reputation: Uphold and enhance AIM's vision of quality and reputation in all activities and interactions.
- Compliance and Handbook Adherence: Read, sign, and follow the published AIM Employee Handbook.
- Participation: Attend faculty meetings and other essential meetings as required.
- Strategic Development: Actively participate in the development of the strategic direction of AIM.
- Hours Tracking: Track and report hours worked in a timely manner, following established procedures.
- Document Management: Utilize team-based platforms to communicate and upload relevant documents, presentations, spreadsheets, etc.
- Timely Communication: Respond to emails within 24 hours and maintain open communication with staff and other coordinators.
- Travel: Be available to travel as required.
- Collaboration: Communicate effectively with co-workers, fostering an environment of mutual support, learning, collaboration, innovation, and shared decision-making.
- Faculty Support: Prepare and mentor fellow faculty through education, instruction, support, and encouragement.
- Continuous Improvement: Seek opportunities for professional development and suggest improvements to enhance your effectiveness in the role.
STUDENTS & COURSES
- Policy Familiarity: Become thoroughly familiar with all policies outlined in the Student Handbook for Elementary II.
- MACTE (Montessori Accreditation Council for Teacher Education) Handbook: Acquire a comprehensive understanding of its contents, including the competencies of adult learners.
- Organization and Documentation: Maintain detailed records and documentation related to student progress and program operations.
- Student Oversight: Ensure that all tasks are completed for students enrolled in your specific level, providing them with timely support and feedback.
- Student Communication: Assist in developing and implementing student communication procedures and policies, including updates to the student handbook.
- Final Exams: Conduct or coordinate final exams with students as required.
- Course Enhancement: Collaborate with the Program Director to recommend changes and improvements to course materials and manuals.
- Online Course Responsibilities: As the Level Coordinator, you must maintain a thorough understanding of the course content to provide effective support to students and address their inquiries. This includes training online instructors, providing student support, maintaining content and collaborating with other faculty.
- Internship Responsibilities: As the Level Coordinator, your role is essential in guiding and supporting interns throughout their training. This includes training and supervising internship mentors, coordinating Field Representatives to assist with observations, approve intern sites, provide feedback, and mentor interns.
- Residency Coordinator Responsibilities: As the Level Coordinator, your role is pivotal in ensuring the success and smooth execution of the annual residency program. Your responsibilities encompassassisting with travel and , leading the residency, facilitating discussions, building the residency schedule, and collaborating with other presenters.
- Online Residency Responsibilities include creating content, conducting presentations, and organizing guest presenters, and participating in forums.
- Bachelor’s degree in education or a related field
- At least three years of teaching experience in a Montessori classroom at the Elementary II level, after graduation.
- Strong organizational, communication, and leadership skills
- Proficiency in using online collaboration tools and platforms such as Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Office Products, Moodle, Zoom, etc.
- Flexibility and adaptability to meet the evolving needs of the program
- Willingness to travel as needed
This position is a part-time position with the potential to expand into a full-time position as enrollment in the Elementary II Certification program increases.
Note: This job description is not exhaustive and may be subject to change as the needs of the Authentic Institute of Montessori evolve.